As a not-for-profit organization, receiving financial support from outside organizations and individuals in the community is imperative. Davidson Medical Ministries is NOT a part of the Department of Social Services or the Health Department. We are an charitable 501(c)(3) organization that has grown from one person to a staff of 40 people. Davidson Health Services, our sister agency, is a federally-qualified health center, serving the under-insured alongside us.
We are all committed to conducting ourselves with care and compassion to improve the health of those we serve.
DMMC seeks to utilize the cooperative efforts of the community through either volunteer or financial support to expand and develop the programs that meet the needs of the uninsured of Davidson County. It is our vision to see our Clinic facility utilized to its maximum available capacity to provide services to our patients.
So, how can you help us to help others?
There are a number of ways that you, as a resident or business in the community, can help DMMC to help others:
- An annual donation – we appreciate your including us in your annual financial planning via Network for Good, and can provide any information you or your financial planner require to this end.
- A monthly donation – similar to your annual donation, a monthly donation can easily be arranged electronically through Network For Good.
- A Charitable Bequest – when it is time to review your Will, we would be honored if you choose to include a charitable bequest to Davidson Medical Ministries Clinic. We are happy to provide you or your estate attorney with any information that is required.
Volunteers perform key roles at Davidson Medical Ministries-Davidson Health Services – Davidson Medical Ministries. We started as a volunteer organization 27+ years ago. Today there is still a need for qualified dedicated individuals to donate their time and talent to help others through volunteerism at DMMC-DHS. Here is how you might be able to help:
- Volunteer to conduct eligibility interviews for the uninsured patient certification.
- Volunteer to work at the front desk and make follow up and reminder calls to patients about appointments.
- Volunteer nurses to do health education and care management
- Volunteer pharmacists to check prescriptions
- Volunteer providers to provide health care to the uninsured on site or in your office.
- Volunteer to clean up the parking lot
- Volunteer to wash windows
- Volunteer to help carry out fundraisers and events like:
- Donating items for the silent auction
- Financial sponsors are always appreciated!
- Selling tickets for fundraising events, including:
- Spring Fling
- Embers Concert at Weathervane Winery
- Wake Forest Baptist Health Lexington Medical Center vs. Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center Softball Game at Hi-Thomas Field
- The Annual Christmas Gala at Sapona Ridge
- The August Challenge
- Set up and clean up for events held at or for DMMC
- Spread the word through social media about what is happening at DMMC-DHS
- Conduct your own fundraiser for the benefit of DMMC
- Remind people that honorariums and memorials can be made to DMMC
In all that you do, we thank you.
Lights of Hope
Davidson Medical Ministries Clinic celebrates Lights of Hope during the holiday season each year. Making a contribution to Lights of Hope is a special gift you can make for a friend or loved one that makes a real impact. Contributions are customarily made in memory of, or in honor of, a loved one; friends and/or family members of those who are being honored receive a special Christmas card informing them of the gift having been made. All contributions go toward helping uninsured/under-insured Davidson County residents receive the medical, dental, pharmacy and behavioral health services they need.
A Lights of Hope contribution is such a unique gift, embracing the true spirit of the season – the spirit of love and generosity.
Lights of Hope contributions can be made via the “Donate Now through Network for Good” button here on our website, or may be mailed to:
Davidson Medical Ministries Clinic
P. O. Box 584
Lexington, NC 27293
To ensure delivery of the acknowledgment of your gift by Christmas Day, we ask that you give your gift no later than Friday, December 13, 2019.
Memorial and Honorarium
Memorial and Honorarium gifts can be made to Davidson Medical Ministries in lieu of flowers or gifts at any time during the year. We appreciate your considering making a contribution when someone passes away, in memory of a loved one, or an acknowledgement of a special friend or family birthday, anniversary or thank you. As always, the recipient will be notified of your gift, and you of your contribution.