Lexington Medical Clinic
- Medical Clinics in Lexington are held at various times throughout the week as staff and resources allow. Typically our medical clinic is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- DMMC provides basic health care, primarily for adults between the ages of 18 and 64.
- Appointments are pre-scheduled. Call 336.243.7475 or come by the clinic between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to make an appointment. Clients must have current eligibility to be eligible for medical, dental or pharmacy services.
- In the event of an acute need, call the clinic for the first available appointment. It is not uncommon that more people request services than there are services available. There may be times when you may ask for a service and be told that the clinics are full and you must try again for another clinic. For the same reason, you may be told that you cannot be seen twice in the same month, so others may have a chance to be seen once.
- Routine follow-up appointments will be made at the time of discharge from the nursing station. It is your responsibility to remember when your appointment is and to keep it or cancel it prior to the day of the appointment. Failure to do so will result in a NO SHOW. NO SHOWS result in an administrative fee of $10, $15 or $20 depending on the number of NO SHOWS you have had. All NO SHOWS must be paid before you are given an appointment for services.
- There is a $5 administrative fee for each visit to the medical or dental clinic. This is not a fee for service, but an opportunity for you to participate in your health care costs and to keep the clinic operational.
- DMMC does not provide services available anywhere else for free: STD testing and treatment, women’s screeings, immunizations, family planning, etc.
- DMMC does not do routine or sports physicals.
- DMMC does not do DOT physicals.
- DMMC does not do disability determinations.
- DMMC does not provide equipment, supplies or glasses.
Thomasville Medical Clinic
- Medical clinics in Thomasville are Mondays from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Tuesday evenings starting at 5 p.m. These clinics are held in the Outpatient Specialty Clinic at Thomasville Medical Center at 207 Old Lexington Road.
- For Thomasville appointments, call 336.476.2800 on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. Appointments are limited.
- All fees, rules and regulations of the Lexington clinic hold true for the Thomasville clinic.
- Dental services are extremely limited and are only provided when we have a volunteer dentist willing to generously give of their time. Therefore our dental clinic is limited to extractions related to acute pain.
- There is a waiting list for dental services. Therefore, if we try to contact you for a possible appointment and there is not a working phone number or you do not return our call immediately, we will have to move on to the next person on our waiting list and your name will be removed.
- DMMC does not provide complicated or restorative care.
- DMMC does not provide IV or gas sedation.
- DMMC does not assist with dentures, partials or prosthesis.
- Medical clinics for non-English speaking Hispanic/Latino clients are held at predetermined times, by appointment only in the Lexington Clinic. Call 336.243.7475 for further information.
Specialty Clinics and Services
- Special clinics such as cardiology, gynecology, diabetic eye exams or general services may be available when volunteers are willing to provide such services.
- These clinics are held at various times at the preference of the volunteer provider.
- Due to the irregularity of these services, they are pre-scheduled, meaning clients needing these services are placed on a waiting list and notified if these services can be offered. If we cannot reach you to confirm an appointment we will be forced to move on to the next person on our waiting list. We often only have a 24-48 hour window to contact patients about a specialty clinic.
- Clients must have current eligibility to receive an appointment.
- DMMC does not guarantee specialty clinic services will be available.
- Clients scheduled for specialty services that fail to keep their appointment will NOT be rescheduled and WILL have to pay a NO SHOW fee before being seen for further services.
- If you are given an appointment at an outside facility or doctor’s office, then you are responsible for making financial arrangements with the provider, prior to your appointment.
- If you do NOT keep your outside appointment, you must notify that provider at least 24 hours in advance. You must also notify your DMMC provider that you did not keep your appointment. If you do not keep your appointment and do not cancel it in the 24 hour window, there will be a $20 NO SHOW fee charged to send to the outside provider plus the NO SHOW fee for DMMC. Your appointment will not be rescheduled.
- If you are given a referral appointment through Health Care Access then you will be required to pay a $5 co-pay at the time of your appointment. This is not optional. Failure to do so will result in loss of services.
- Patients with current eligibility status may be eligible for a limited number of prescriptions through DMMC.
- You must be eligible for pharmacy services and be an established DMMC client in order to receive pharmacy services.
- Your eligibility must remain current in order to receive pharmacy services. If it is out by just 1 day, you cannot get your medicines! Make sure you keep up with when you have to be re-certified.
- Established patients that need refills on their medications must make an appointment by calling the pharmacy lin at 336.243.3230. The answering machine will inform you when your prescriptions are ready for pick up.
- If you are a Thomasville patient, then you must still call the pharmacy line at 336.243.3240. Listen closely to make sure that you come for pharmacy pick up on the proper Wednesday. All refill requests must be called in before 8 a.m. on Monday to be picked up on Wednesday.
- Payment for medications is NOT optional. Cost is directly related to the cost of purchasing and processing the medications. There is no mark up on prescriptions, however, they are NOT free! The fee is a processing fee for the medications. It includes the labels, bottles and application expenses for medications, plus the actual cost of each pill. It does not pay for the salaries of those providing the medications.
- Fees are as follows: $3 for medications received from Medication Assistance Programs, $4 for medications that we previously would have sent to Wal-Mart, $6 plus the actual cost of each pill for any medications purchase outside of $4 medications.
- Patients with Medicaid, Medicare or Insurance will pay according to their plans.
- DMMC does not purchase over the counter drugs.
- DMMC does not purchase medications that should be available through medication assistance programs.
- DMMC does not provide highly expensive medications for one patient as we try to make our money serve the most people.
This page has the following sub pages.